Welcome to Villa CP! We hope you have a fantastic holiday.
See also the FAQ
Please don’t smoke anywhere in the house.
We will give you the wifi password when you arrive. The wifi works in the entire house. More information here. All rooms also have ethernet cable sockets.
THERMOSTATS for heating and cooling
Please keep the gates closed at all times. Wild boar can destroy the garden.
DAILY CLEANING AND BREAKFAST OPTIONS
If you have booked daily maid service, Monica will come and clean daily at 9.00 Monday to Saturday. She will also bring fresh bread/croissants if you ask her, to save you a trip to the village. You can pay her direct. Breakfast options
Don’t leave bin bags outside, they attract animals.
- If you have booked daily cleaning, Monica takes rubbish away.
- If not, please take your rubbish to the recycling bins (it’s the first thing as you enter Cassa de la Selva: turn left opposite the cork factory). Yellow for plastic packaging, blue for paper, green for glass, brown for organic, grey for the rest.
You have one set of house keys and a buzzer. The top button of the buzzer opens the upper gate. The lower gate is not electric. The lower gate is best when you leave at the end of your stay, see below. Lost keys cost €10 each. The buzzer is a high-security version and a technician has to visit to reset the system if it is lost or broken: cost €140.
NATURAL SWIMMING POOL
Very important: Don’t go in the plant zone! Please explain to small children that it can damage the plants and cause a big mess. The pool contains no salt or chlorine. The water is from the well and is naturally filtered by the subaquatic plants and the reeds. It is 2 metres at the deep end.
- Use bags of charcoal only please.
- The law says, you must keep the water hose connected as a fire precaution.
- Don’t throw ashes away in the garden, they could be hot.
Tools are in the drawer under microwave. You can use our coals and fire lighters but please replace them. Smoking is ok by the barbecue, but not on terrace near house please.
Except for coals on the barbecue, fires and fireworks are illegal from 15 March to 15 October.
If you see a forest fire or smoke on the horizon, stay calm, phone us and we will check with the local police. If you are worried, close all windows and doors, then drive to Cassa de la Selva. Phone us as soon as you can.
Please bring them in, or cover them with the big white cover, when you go out for the day and also at night.
Please wind them down at night and when you go out for the day. Strong winds can break them.
It is not necessary to use the alarm.
Just press the “O” to start, then adjust the temperature with your finger, like using an iPhone. You can’t adjust the temperature without a pan on the hob. It’s an induction cooker so only steel pots and pans can be used.
TV / Netflix
The TV is for Netflix, DVD’s and videos but at the moment there is no live TV signal to watch satellite tv. You can connect your phone/computer via Apple TV.
- Remember departure time is 10.00 (10am).
- Close all windows and doors.
- Protect the cushions from rain.
- Lower parasols and lock them in position.
- Unlock the lower gate with the key.
- Leave the keys and buzzer in the kitchen and close the front door behind you.
- Exit through the bottom gate and close it behind you before you drive away.
Any questions or doubts, please call Co and Guy or send us a text/WhatsApp. See also the FAQ