Yes, sometimes it rains. Even here. And if you have small kids you probably need some ideas for things to do:
- Watch a film from our DVD library. There are lots of recent popular films for children, e.g. Harry Potter, Up! and some classics like A Fish Called Wanda. Most films can be watched in various languages using the DVD menu.
- Girona’s English language cinema is the Truffaut: http://www.cinematruffaut.com
- Games: There’s a Wii. A full size futbolín table. There are various board games, like Monopoly and Scrabble, in one of the kitchen cupboards of the island.
- A trip to the Dalí museum in Figueres is a full day out, it’s an hour’s drive to get there. Book tickets on the web before you go.
- Eat a truly fantastic lunch at Els Tinars. High class but kids also welcome. It’s a 20 minute drive from Villa CP. Reservations required for groups. Tel 972 830 626.
- Girona airport has a mirador (viewing area) where you can stand right under the departing aeroplanes, as they take off. Feel your insides shake and watch kids´faces as the giant white underbelly roars overhead!
- Swim with the sharks in Barcelona’s giant aquarium! Open 365 days a year.